When it comes to building an audience for your business, there are a few things that are pretty important — starting with how your audience feels about you.
You’ve probably heard of the “know, like, and trust factor” as it often is mentioned when it comes to marketing and building an audience.
While there are different ways to go about building these up, I am NOT on board with doing it in a sleazy way.
There are ways to work on these that aren’t tricks or crazy things you need to do. In fact, these are actually foundational pieces that are mission-critical for every business.
Let’s dive in, and look at three ways you can build your know, like, and trust factor without being sleazy.
Biggest Show Takeaways
- #1. Be YOU
- The know, like, and trust starts with you being YOU, not some weird version you think you need to be.
- It starts with you accepting who you actually are.
- This is why I talk about how to fascinate all the time — self-discovery and self-acceptance are super critical to creating the know, like, and trust factor.
- As far as what you choose to share on social media — decide what’s right for you and go from there.
- #2. Share YOU
- You and I can’t help anyone when we’re hiding out. It’s our job to help our audiences not only know us but decide if they like us.
- I have a quote stuck to my computer: “It’s NOT THEIR JOB to find ME. It’s my job to be visible enough to be easy to find.”
- This takes bravery and is something we don’t talk enough about in online business. It takes a lot of bravery to get out there and share our message even if no one is listening, even if we get haters, even if we don’t feel like it. This is one of the biggest keys to establishing the know, like, and trust factor.
- Help your audience get to know you even if your audience right now is teensy tiny.
- Share your story, your journey, your failures, your ahas, all of it. This helps people decide if you’re someone they want to connect with.
- Be consistent — show up, engage, and communicate as a person, not some picture-perfect robot.
- #3. Establish YOU
- Provide value for your audience. Decide where you want to engage with your audience and show up with value.
- Value isn’t always just teaching; sometimes, value is sharing goofy things, aha moments, or whatever.
- Keep your promises. If you promise something, deliver — period. In fact, the best way to establish you is to overdeliver.
- Be someone your audience can count on and trust because once you get a bad name, there is no going back. No amount of advertising or fancy media mentions will overcome a bad name.
- Prove your authority. Don’t just SAY you know your stuff — prove it.
- The best way to prove it that I’ve found is to have your clients, students, and customers talk about their experience with you because when people hear from others that you know your stuff, it proves your authority in a way that you can never do on your own.
- Create Profit Without Worry — one system at a time. I’ll show you how to attract a steady flow of buyers without all the hustle with this free download → 5 Steps to Profit Without Worry.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Create Profit Without Worry — one system at a time with this free download → 5 Steps to Profit Without Worry.