For a LONG time I thought being a business owner meant a life of worrying about money. And the worst part is that I didn’t even realize that was a belief of mine until I did some soul searching about what I was resisting in my business.
And weirdly enough…I was resisting making money easily.
I realized that I had a story in my head about how ‘hard’ it was to get new clients. How much I had to ‘be out there’ and the rules I had to follow to build a legit business.
Those beliefs led me to do crazy things. In the 2015-2016 timeframe I went to over 50 events in a nine month period of time and made well over 1,000 sales calls…and sold absolutely nothing.
I felt like I had to have this crazy hustle story about how hard it was to make money. Finally, one day I had enough and decided to try something different.
If you’d asked me at the time if I wanted making money to be hard, I would have told you NO. I was doing all the things I thought I needed to do to get clients — building my email list, creating freebie downloads, doing speaking engagements — everything I believed had to happen in order to get clients in the door.
At the time, it wasn’t working and the excuse I would have given is that it’s hard when you’re newer, not as well known, don’t have a great website or brand. Blah blah blah.
Make no mistake about it — those were all excuses that I used to hold myself back.
I’m sharing this with you because I see a lot of people doing this same thing. We read stories about entrepreneurs who hustle their way to success and we think that’s the only way.
But it’s not. So let’s dive into a little more about what Profit Without Worry REALLY means.
Biggest Show Takeaways:
- When I get into my client’s heads and truly understand their needs it’s actually pretty simple to figure out what my offers should be.
- But there’s no way I could have gotten into their heads making giant offers that an old coach told me I should do — she said don’t make any sales less than $10k, and you should be closer to $15 – $20k for each client.
- I tried that for nine months and it didn’t work because I wasn’t there mentally or business-wise yet.
- When I switched to making super-specific little offers (I call them mini offers) and followed what people are buying and asking, it became so much simpler. A super-simple email or social media post resulted in sales.
- Then, those sales resulted in testimonials.
- Those testimonials fueled more sales. And it was a beautiful, organic growth for my business.
- I learned about my audience in a way I never could have done on my own. My audience learned to trust me and understand what it was I offered them.
- Because I learned about my audience, I was able to put into place marketing funnels that attracted and spoke to the right people.
- Those marketing funnels didn’t feel salesy — they felt helpful and interesting — and people would buy.
- That’s when I realized that profit can be made without worry. In fact, it seemed like the simpler I made it, the easier it was to make sales to the right people.
- Now that I’ve realized the idea that you’ve got to hustle until you’re dead to make money in business is TOTAL BS, my life and business are so much better.
- I’ve got more time to spend with my kids because I’m not stressed out, on the phone and traveling to events all the time.
- I’ve got more energy to put into new ideas and offers for my audience because I’m not constantly draining myself making sales calls all day long.
- For me, having a Profit Without Worry marketing funnel means that I can sleep at night because I trust my business to support me. It means I can go on field trips with my kids. It means I can take unexpected time off when I’m sick or take time to invest in new ideas and offers.
- Mostly, it means I’ve got space and support in my business versus stress and worry.
- Profit Without Worry happens because I have systems in place that work 24/7, so I don’t have to worry, guess, or hustle to get the results I want. Once it’s set up, I just let my marketing funnels run.
- Best of all, Profit Without Worry means that I have a business, not a hobby fueled by hope, fear, and a prayer. And I want that for you too!
- It all started by realizing that I was making it hard to be profitable. So I have a question for you — Are you making it hard to be profitable in your own business?
- Create Profit Without Worry – one system at a time. I’ll show you how to attract a steady flow of buyers without all the hustle with this free download → 5 Steps To Profit Without Worry.
Links mentioned in this episode: