Today’s show is the 2nd installment in our series on simplifying marketing and creating a predictably profitable business.
In the last episode, we tackled the four questions to ask yourself if you’re not sure where to focus your marketing efforts. If you haven’t listened to it, go to themarketingfunnelshow.com/44 and listen first!
With those four questions defined, we’re able to move on to the next phase. We ended episode 44 with the idea that you need to get SUPER specific on the problem you’re solving for your audience because step #1 in this process is to get CLEAR on your marketing.
Hopefully, you had some time to reflect on what we talked about last episode…
- What is the problem you solve?
- What is the problem your audience is struggling with?
- What is the problem that nags at their mind all day long
- How do they DESCRIBE this problem?
- This one is key. You want to know what they have to say in their own language because when you use their language, that will communicate ‘I understand you’ more than any marketing tip, trick, or tactic ever will.
Now, let’s dive into the next phase for simplifying your marketing.
Biggest Show Takeaways:
There are 3 steps you need to know to be able to effectively connect with your audience AND get them ready to buy your offer:
- Step #1: Know your audience’s specific problem. (We discussed this in episode 44.)
- Step #2: Figure out what transformation your audience dreams about.
- Do they dream of having more time? Traveling more? Having more money? Saving money? Making money? Do they dream of a new job? A new house? A new relationship? Do they dream of completing a project at work under budget and in record time so that they look like a hero? Do they want better relationships?
- Whatever that transformation is, get CLEAR on it. You need to get up close and personal with this transformation and know what their ‘happily ever after’ looks like.
- Dive into their beliefs and frustrations, and listen to their stories. What in their current life is getting in the way of attaining that dream?
- Once you get this level of clarity, holy smokes, EVERYTHING in what you market and what you put into your marketing funnel becomes REAL, valuable, and life-changing.
- Even if people end up not buying from you, you will have an impact and make a difference when you map out this journey from their pain to their ideal future.
- Propeller CRM found in a recent survey that 95% of people who buy from an online business ONLY BUY when that business offers relevant content at every stage of their buying journey.
- That means, they come to you with a problem, and if you have a marketing funnel that gives them insights and a-has and show that other people have gotten the transformation they themselves crave, you will have SUCH an easier time selling your offer.
- The difference here is that they believe you. When you do this right, you build so much belief and buy-in within your audience that they are ready and excited to buy from you if your offer is right.
- Step #3: Create an offer to take them from problem to transformation.
- By the time you roll out your offer, your audience is probably ready to see how to move forward, and you’ll do really well if you create an offer that matches everything in your marketing funnel. They’ll see how you’ll take them from their pain point to their desired transformation.
- Without setting the stage and getting people ready for your offer BEFORE you ever hit them with an actual offer, you’re going to have a tough time.
- Marketing Insider discovered that 79% of the leads online businesses attract do NOT convert into sales and the leading cause was NO MARKETING FUNNEL.
- Marketing Insider found that online businesses were attracting leads and then either NOT making a relevant offer OR their leads get some free opt-in then kinda hang out. With no clear path to work with the online business, they move on and keep looking for a solution.
- Think about it: You do so much work to attract people into your business, but in the end, 79% of those people who are looking for you and your offer don’t realize that because of no marketing funnel.
- By taking the time to set the stage and prime your audience for why your offer is EXACTLY what they’re looking for, you increase your chances of success tremendously.
- Want to know which marketing funnel is right for you and your business? Take this free and easy quiz, and in less than 5 minutes you’ll know EXACTLY which funnel is right for you.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Marketing Funnel Quiz: https://www.michellelevans.com/marketing-funnel-quiz/
- Make YOUR voice heard in the Marketing funnel Community Survey – just a few quick questions, and you may inspire a future episode: www.michellelevans.com/survey
- Link to episode 44