If you've ever thought to yourself… I'd love to have a quiz for my marketing funnel BUT I don't want to look like one of those cheesball, clickbait-y sites… you're not alone. In fact, meet James Ranson. He felt the EXACT same way. When James joined Build Your Funnel Bootcamp, he had years of hard work and proven expertise in his back pocket. He is well known as The Master Wordsmith™ – a book coach helping authors transform their words from good to great.
James has built his brand on trust. On prestige. On cranking out damn good work based on his deep expertise.
So when we talked about creating a quiz for his ideal funnel James was conflicted…
… on one hand, he could see the power in setting up his audience for the RIGHT conversation.
On the other hand… he did NOT want to have some cheese-ball ‘which Game of Thrones character are you’ type quiz (because that is NOT in line with his brand… at all).
What he ended up creating is really incredible. And impressive. But the journey he took to get there is even more insightful and helpful for you.
James is sharing it all on today’s episode of The Marketing Funnel Show. Listen below…
Biggest Show Takeaways:
- Building your first marketing funnel isn’t just about getting steps 1, 2, 3… you’ve got to be clear on who you are and who you want to attract
- Resistance towards marketing isn’t bad – it’s about understanding the true reason behind that resistance and then figuring out how to make it work for you
- Knowing your marketing funnel outcome – what it is you want people ready to do – is very important for any type of funnel, but especially with a quiz funnel so that you can create a path that sets your audience up for the right conversation with you
- Want to know which marketing funnel is right for you and your business? Take this free and easy quiz and in less than 5 minutes you’ll know EXACTLY which funnel is right for you.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Take James Ranson’s author type quiz here: https://jamesranson.com/your-author-type/
- Find out more about James Ranson’s work here: https://jamesranson.com/
- Marketing Funnel Quiz: http://www.michellelevans.com/marketing-funnel-quiz/